Like I said, I am a TEFL teacher in Trento, which is in the north of Italy. I work in a private language school teaching a range of levels, to adults and children, both General and Business English.
I am also a Cambridge ESOL examiner which is keeping me busy at the moment.
During summer I am DoS at a summer school in England, in Cambridge. I like going back to England in summer, it's hectic but I get my 'culture' dose, which I am in need of. I miss England and it's nice to go back, especially to Cambridge where I used to live, but it's nicer coming back to Italy, which feels like home now!
I did my DELTA last year, that was a tough year, but it was something that I had wanted to do for ages, and I'm pleased I did.
Pins Of The Week
3 months ago
Summer's are long here so getting a job for a month or two elsewhere seems to be the norm for many teachers in Italy.
ReplyDeleteI've never done that because the university exams end in July and start again in September and since becoming an IELTS examiner there's a quite a bit of travelling and work to be done from June to Oct too. It must be nice to get that cultural dose, I have found IATELF conferences help with ensuring I get time to enjoy UK a bit, trips do so often seem to be job-related these days, but can't complain!
V
Did you do the distance delta? That's the one I did a while ago now, and at the moment I'm tutor to 3 of our teachers doing it - I had forgotten what hard work it is!
ReplyDeleteNo, I did the DELTA where you have to get up at 5 in the morning once a week, to get the train for an hour, and this lasted 8 months!!! I'd say it was character building! And well worth it, I'm happy I did the f2f one, as I got a lot out of the sessions held.
ReplyDelete